JMMDS designed the UU Wellesley Hills courtyard that links the 1888 original church, the 1929 Parish Hall, and the 1959 Sanctuary. Inspired by the rounded boulders of the original church, we created three different sitting areas. The first marks the entrance to the courtyard: a circular sitting area composed of cut-stone benches set beneath a massive maple tree; the second is a raised area composed of large sitting boulders that ring a stone memorial fountain, dedicated to the memory of a beloved parishioner; the third sits next to the Parish Hall entrance to provide seating and space for outdoor coffee hours and children’s activities. Plantings soften the stonework and provide seasonal interest and habitat for wildlife.