“Creating Home Outside”
Follow these steps to participate in the contest:
- Join Pinterest, if you haven’t already. It’s easy and free. (And addictive—we warned you!)
- Follow Home Outside on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeoutside.
- Create a Pinterest board titled “Creating Home Outside.” Make sure the board is categorized under “Gardening.”
- Boards must include the Home Outside logo, the Home Outside Palette app logo, and the cover of “Home Outside” by Julie Moir Messervy. Visit www.pinterest.com/homeoutside and pin these items from the ‘Creating Home Outside’ board.
- Create your virtual Home Outside. Find 12-20 images on Pinterest and on the web that you would like to see in your dream garden. Pin them to your Creating Home Outside board with the hashtag #homeoutside in the description.
- When your board is complete, post the link as a comment on this blog post. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM EST on August 19, 2012. Winners will be notified on August 24.
Winners will be selected based upon creativity, composition and style. The boards will be judged by Julie Moir Messervy, designer of the acclaimed Toronto Music Garden, as well as countless public and residential landscapes. Julie is also the author of the award-winning Home Outside: Creating the Landscape You Love, Outside the Not So Big House (with Sarah Susanka), and five other books.
The grand prize is a Home Outside home landscape design makeover! The winner will receive our complete online design process for an area of up to 5,000 square feet. He or she will be able to share photos, video, ideas, goals, aesthetic preferences, and more with the Home Outside design team and will receive a completely personalized design for a home landscape that is truly a “home outside.”
Second prize is our Curb Appeal service: we will send the winner an overlay sketch, based on photos of their home, showing a redesigned entrance with simple but effective ideas for transforming the front of their home.
If you have any questions about our “Creating Home Outside” contest, please email us at [email protected]
Have fun dreaming up a beautiful Home Outside!
Pin this image to share the “Creating Home Outside” contest on Pinterest.